Showing posts from July 3, 2011

Mothers in Colombia who are seeking child support in the United States.

Collecting Child Support from a Parent in the United States
This information sheet provides guidance to parents in Colombia who are seeking child support from the other parent, when that other parent resides in the United States. For information about collecting child support in countries other than the United States, please see the Department’s of State’s information on Child Support Enforcement Abroad. The U.S. Embassy is sometimes contacted by the mother or father of an American child in Colombia, requesting assistance in collecting financial support from the other parent in the United States. The Embassy is also sometimes asked to locate the absent parent for the purpose of collecting financial support. The Embassy regrets that it is unable to directly assist in these matters. In the United States, each individual state or territory maintains its own agency that is responsible for the administration of child support. These agencies are not a part of the U.S. federal g…